This is my absolute favorite summer recipe. If you invite us to a Summertime Potluck we make it and if we have ya'll over for a barbecue, you can be sure it's on the menu--- we LOVE it! It's easy, makes a ton, and someone always wants the recipe! So here goes, hope you like!
12 ounces orzo pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups crumbled feta
1 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup chopped yellow pepper
3/4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olives
4 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons, drained, capers
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup olive oil
1 package pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook orzo according to directions, drain, rinse in cold water, drain well, then toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Add feta, bell peppers, kalamata olives, green onions, and capers
3. Combine lemon juice, vinegar,garlic, oregano mustard, and cumin in small bowl.
4. Gradually whisk in remaining olive oil
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
6. Add dressing to orzo pasta, toss and blend.
7. Toast pine nuts, add immediately before serving.
**I like to make this salad the night before and then toss in the pine nuts right before we leave for a party or our guests are about to arrive. The time in the fridge really lets all the flavors blend and in my opinion makes it that more YUMMY!