Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thank goodness for...... YOU!

Well, yesterday I had my last OBGYN appointment and found out that my body is nowhere near ready to give birth to baby Ford and in fact my Doctor wasn't sure if it ever would be.... (yikes!)..... that said, we have scheduled an induction for Monday, April 25th.

I have to admit, I was kinda bummed that I wouldn't experience the whole thing naturally, meaning the excitement of " Wow, these are contractions!" or " Oh wow, my water just broke!" I was/ am also a little scared of the induction because of some of the stories I've heard of prolonged labor, more severe contractions, etc. but as my husband lovingly reminded me last night, there are just some things you can't control, let the doctor and God take it from here..... so that's what I'm doing (or at least I'm going to try :)). And thankfully I've got wonderful people like you in my life who have been encouraging me along the way!

Yesterday was a tough day and left me feeling kinda down in the dumps; however, it was also a reminder of how lucky I am. My phone was filled with voicemails and text messages and my facebook jammed with sweet notes and comments from all of my friends and family near and far offering suggestions, support, and love. It definitely helped me work through my frustrations :) So thank you! One way or another, he'll be here next week and that's the important part :) Thanks for supporting me!

It also, just so happened that a little gift from my hubby coincidentally arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon. It was so out of the blue and so thoughtful that it kind of caught me off guard!? Talk about perfect timing, it was a perfect pick me up! How sweet is this bracelet?


It's a sterling silver cuff with my sweet child's name on it, love it! I have had my eye on something like this for awhile and my hubby found a cute little shop that has lots of sweet jewelry and gifts for weddings/babies etc. Check out this talented designer here. I may just have to become a regular customer, her stuff is so adorable!

4 comments:

  1. Dont worry about the induction! Everyone has their own stories good and bad. I was induced and would do it again. My labor and delivery were fast and even w no epidural the pain was bearable. Your body is meant to do this it just needs a little kick start. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet gift from your hubby! I love when Moms wear jewelry with their child's name on it, I just think it is so sweet!

    P.S. I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog that you should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want a baby!!!! adorbs gift! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Lady!! You are about to go through the most incredible experience of your life. No delivery or birth is perfect but it is yours. When Mallory was born I broke out in this terrible rash like chicken pox for two weeks. My water broke on Friday night but that was only because my obgyn stripped my membranes to hopefully put me in labor because the only cure to the rash was delivery. So my water broke and then I thought here we go...however I wasn't in active labor so they had to induce me also "technically" I never had a contraction until we got to the hospital and they gave me putossin (sp?) then it hit me like a ton of bricks...I finally got my epidural and I loved it!! They give you this little button that you can keep pressing to make the pain go away which of course I used a lot...so much so that I wasn't ready to push until 18 hrs later. Then it took me another 1 and 1/2 hrs to actually push her out :-) So I will say it again no delivery is perfect but it will be yours and you will love it for the rest of your life because it brings him. Your perfect baby boy is about to be in your life so relax, and enjoy the next few days with just you and Tyler and get ready for the big day. You will at least be all ready, I didn't even have a bag packed :-) It will be perfect in its own way :-) HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS