Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Do you have friends that inspire you?

As I've mentioned on my blog multiple times, I'm lucky to have many incredible women in my life; both family and friends. All of them completely different and all of them taking completely different life paths and experiencing very different things. Lately, I've truly been inspired by some of the situations and experiences they've had and the grace and determination they've shown. Not to sound like a Mom, but I'm proud of them. Proud that there my friends and proud that they are more accomplished than they even know. In particular, today, I'm thinking about my friend Megan......


Megan made an extremely bold move two years ago across the country to Denver, Colorado, completely out of the blue! To our shock that Florida girl just picked up and decided she needed a change. Done. We were all in awe.... ( I couldn't do that!!!) Now fast forward 2 years and she's hit a bit of a rough patch....

Without going into too much detail (it's her story to share), some people have been pretty "crappy" to her. As she told me the story, my blood just BOILED. I wanted to scream at these people!! Later, after we talked and I reflected on our conversation, I was/am just amazed at her kindness and composure. How she can look at a situation and still see the cup half full. I am not that kind or that understanding. Megan is.

Megan inspires me to be kinder. To reflect on "why" people do the things they do and to not judge so quickly. She's much stronger than she will give herself credit for and I know that although the road seems dark right now, she will figure out a way to make it better and will be a stronger person for it. After all, it's easy to be mean and jump to  a quick reaction; it's much harder to reflect, move one and still maintain a great attitude. Simply put, Megan is amazing.

What about you? Do you have a friends that inspire you?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! I'm lucky .... SO lucky to have a friend in you. Bc you, gf, inspire me too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet baby Ford,
    We love you ... you have been blessed with beautiful, caring, loving parents. And they have been so very blessed with you. Live well little Man, sleep for Mommy, and grow strong!
    Love,
    Meme & Pepere..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS