Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Losing a Pet

The beginning of October was extremely tough for Tyler and I. We had to make an excruciatingly tough decision....

We had to put our black lab Callie to sleep after discovering a tumor that had wrapped itself around her spine and was essentially paralyzing her.It all happened extremely fast and in a blink of an eye, a part of our family was gone....

I don't know what was worse watching my poor husband lose his dog or watching Tana lose her sister. It was terrible.

Three weeks later we are slowly coming up for air and getting into a new routine. We've adjusted to having one less "crazy mutt:)" in the household and are trying to love on Tana just a bit more. Some of you will balk when I admit the next few tidbits as you know how adamant Tyler is about good dog behavior, but we've even let Tana get up on the couch AND sleep with us at night.... Yep, we've suddenly turned into "those" kind of people.....

Surprisingly, Tana and I have gotten a lot closer too. Callie used to be my pal and love on me, Tana was always Tyler's girl. However, since Callie passed, Tana seems to rely on her Mom a lot more. When I'm home, she's my shadow. She loves to get in the mix and "help" with whatever I'm doing and I find myself wanting to cuddle up to her a lot more too!

If you had asked me three months ago, I would've told you that I was "so NOT an animal person," but after this experience, I have a whole new perspective Tana is a part of our family and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Now, go give your dog a hug! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS