Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm back!

My parents came in town on Wednesday to celebrate my birthday for the weekend so I apologize for suddenly falling off the radar, but I was a little detained :).


We had a GREAT time and I promise to blog a little more about that later in the week, but in the meantime, I've got to share with you the most AWESOME prezzy ever; or more accurately "prezzies." My parents went above and beyond in the gift department this year. 

As most of you know, my Mom is basically Martha Stewart reincarnate. She's the type of gal that removes all of her regular decor during the holiday season and replaces it with Christmas stuff (that she's usually made). She's BEYOND crafty. She's also a sewing goddess; that said, ever since I found out I was pregnant and started checking out all the cool baby sites on Etsy, I've been aching for a sewing machine. 

Well, that's just what I got for my birthday, a sewing machine! But not just a sewing machine- the cadillac of sewing machines! I am so EXCITED. Visions of ruffled onesies and monogrammed burp cloths are dancing through my head!!!


And if that wasn't enough, my parents also bought enough "starter materials" to last me a lifetime. Tyler lovingly refers to it as the " Laurie Williams Starter Kit." 


I am one lucky girl! And Ashley as I'm sure your wondering, yes, the first thing my Mom taught me to do was monogram. Check out the napkins I made yesterday! 


Ok back to sewing; next practice project-pillow. :)

Have a great week! And Good Luck gearing up for Turkey Day! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS