Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's that time of year again....

I'm not sure if it's the fact that the holidays are upon us, or that FW has been rather cold the last two days (50 and rainy, EEK!) or that my parents are coming next week, but I'm feeling rather festive lately....

I've been busy making lots of yummy soups, like Lentil Soup (my favorite), if your interested I've got a GREAT recipe below....


Lentil Soup 

4 pieces of bacon, chopped 
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 cups dry lentils
8 cups water
1/2 cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons vinegar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, brown bacon, 8-10 minutes. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes
Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve stir in spinach, and cook until it wilts. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired. 

Also, I've been getting kind of crafty. I'm super excited because Tyler and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year for a bunch of our family. This is my first real "hosting" gig and I'll be cooking for ten, yikes! But in the meantime, I've been making a few decorations..... 



Just call me Martha..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS