Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mom was right.....

via

Time  does go by, it goes by so, so, so fast....

But that's not "really" the point of this post. Actually, it's to moan and groan ( just a little--- I swear!) but it needs to be said--- I'm having a moment...

Wasn't I young like yesterday??? What the heck happened? This past weekend I was checking out at our local grocery store when a big "CHECK customer's I.D. if they don't look at least THIRTY" popped up on the cashier's screen. Guess what? The high school kid ringing me up, did NOT ask for my I.D. and NO I didn't have my child with me..... shoot me, apparently I'm old. I wanted (actually I still want) to punch him. 

Then hubby and I were flipping through the channels this weekend and came across an episode of Friends that we love..... but guess what---- It was on NICK at NITE people! I remember when Mr. Ed, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dick Van Dyke etc. were all on Nick at Nite! Surely Friends isn't old enough to be on Nick at Nite, seriously!? We (I) were flabbergasted. We checked the original air date..... Ok, ok so it was seventeen years ago, BUT STILL where does the time go!!?!?

Yesterday morning when I was having my morning cup of coffee and watching GMA--- a nice British newscaster was doing a segment on Prince Harry. He explained that while "Kate and William were rolling into their middle age, Harry would keep the Royals young....." Kate and William are NOT middle-aged! She's twenty-nine for goodness sake!!!! Seriously, I'm twenty-nine- I AM NOT MIDDLE AGED!

And finally, the icing on the cake came when I opened my Lilly Summer Look Book and saw all of these fourteen year old girls parading around in the shortest shift dresses EVER. Clearly, something I will not be wearing this Summer as I chase my one year old around-- I about had a coronary! I have loved Lilly my whole life and let's be honest her style (up till now) has always been a bit "older," and now when I'm finally hitting the age where I still want to be cutely dressed, but want to be comfy, Lilly goes and seemingly revamps their whole line and gears it to a younger crowd---ugh. 

I don't mean to drone on and on. And seriously age doesn't scare me, or even really bother me. I love the place I am today and frankly wouldn't trade it for all the twenty-one year old, in-experienced moments in China.... I just can't believe how fast it's gone.... I went to bed fifteen and now suddenly I'm waking up (gulp) thirty!?!?!? Mom was right, time does fly and seemingly even faster when you have children. 

Just yesterday I could've sworn the media was claiming forty was the new twenty and now they're telling me twenty-nine is middle-aged. Someone just take me out to the pasture and shoot me because next thing I know, tomorrow I'll be old and senile. So I guess the point that I'm getting at is that we should all just enjoy life right now, at this very moment, because tonight you may go to bed thirty and tomorrow you might wake up eighty..... I'm just saying..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS