Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Resolutions.....and all that jazz.....

via

I'm on the fence when it comes to New Year's Resolutions. On the one hand, I love how the new year seems to usher in this "hope," that we can make life changes and be the people we want to be. On the other hand, I hate how come October, these resolutions have typically gone out the window; only to be made all over again come December 31st. It's a viscous cycle; one that I fall victim to almost evvvvvvery year! So, it is with great hope that as I write my 2012 resolutions, I actually live up to them, accomplish them, and make useful changes. So, in all their hopeful glory, in no particular order; here are my 2012 resolutions...

1. STOP buying books! Yes, I know this goes against the typical "I will read more this year," resolution, but hear me out. I'm a self proclaimed bookworm, I love, love, love to read. Pre baby, it was not unheard of for me to knock out two books a week, but things have changed. I have about fifteen books stacked on my nightstand anxiously awaiting to be read. I need to give in and accept the fact that reading has now become an activity best reserved for a beach vacation or something of that nature. So, this year I vow to stop buying books until I finish the fifteen already on my nightstand.

2.  This one's a two parter..... START making healthy dinners for Tyler and I at least five times a week, no more take out food! Obviously with the occasional exception, but for real, this home-maker has gotta get with it! My EPR depends on it! And secondly, get ahold of our grocery bill! Meaning, stop wasting leftovers. If we eat meatloaf twice a week, so be it. That's why some genius out there invented the meatloaf sandwich for pete sake!

3. This one's a reach, but I swear I am going to try my hardest...... Run the San Antonio Rock N' Roll Marathon... I want to do this, no.... I need to do this! I need a goal to get me fit! I don't do well with just your typical "I gotta lose weight..." I NEED to have a goal to work for and this, well that just seems cool. And if I'm really honest, I really just want to slap one of those 26.2 stickers on the back of my SUV. :)

4. Spend more quality time with my husband. If I'm being brutally honest, hands down--- we stink at it. We're couples kinda people. We like to be really social and hang out and have people around us. It brings out the fun people hidden inside us; we tend to relax more around others. We have a hard time having quality one on one time. When we try it usually turns into a planning session for the week or month or something else totally not fun. This year, we're going to start date night, with rules like--- no bringing up the calendar, our jobs, our check-book,  aggravations etc! Just good ole' fashioned date nights/days.

5. Get Churchy! Somewhere along the way Tyler and I have stopped going to church. We NEED to get back in the groove. Heck, we just need to find a church! I think this would a.) be good for us as individuals and also as a family unit, b.) It would help us meet like minded young families. So, we'll be doing some church searching in these coming months. Hey San Antonio peeps- any suggestions?

So there you have it! My top five New Year's resolutions.
We'll see how it goes!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you out I-10? I would LOVE to go to Max Lucado's church out there. I've been once and it was amazing!!! Try Oak Hills! I know it's ginormous, but I'm sure they have small groups that you can find people to connect with. You are ALWAYS welcome to try our church - Shearer Hills Baptist at 281 and Bitters - it's just quite a drive. Email me if you want more info! huffman_rhonda@yahoo.com - Brad and I would not make it without the support of our church family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS