Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Halloween Wreath....

When I was home my Mom taught me how to make some really cute topiaries out of felt and styrofoam balls for my friend Brooke's 30th Birthday. It was quick and adorbs! When I saw the finished product, I knew I'd be using these for many parties, but also wanted to try and use this method to make a Halloween wreath. 


Then I saw a ribbon wreath that Ms. Erin made over at Blue Eyed Bride and I thought, "Hey, what if I combine the methods? I love the ribbon wreath but didn't have enough orange and black ribbon on hand so felt was a cheap and easy thing to use as a filler, but still get a similar effect.  And so began my "Ford is Napping (YAY!), Super Simple, Wreath Project"

All you do is cute pieces of felt into squares and then take a pencil or pen and push it into the styrofoam wreath a few times, like so...



Then you take pieces of ribbon (like Erin's tutorial describes) and glue them into loops, like so...


Then I just randomly placed them throughout the wreath....


Here's the finished product.......


Pretty proud of the finished product, if I do say so myself :) 

Yay for October!

1 comment:

  1. That looks soo cute! Doesn't sound that hard to try either! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS