Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Life is too short....

As many of you have probably seen on the news by now, Indy race car driver, Dan Wheldon passed away yesterday after a fatal car crash in Las Vegas. Dan lived in St. Petersburg, Florida (where I'm from), he was thirty three years old, had a wife and two sweet little boys.

During my single days (his too) we used to frequent some of the same social circles. One of his best friends dated one of my good friends and another one of his best friends actually married my hairdresser. Though I didn't know Dan that well, I knew him well enough to say that he was a wonderful person. Very caring, very nice, a complete gentleman and I'm sure a wonderful father.

Today, I can't stop thinking about him, specifically his wife and two children (one three, one seven(?) months). They are both so young, too young to be without a Dad, his wife far too young to be without her husband.... All loss is tragic, but this, this just breaks my heart.

Time passes too quickly and life is most certainly too short. Take a minute today and tell the ones you love just how much they mean to you because you never know what tomorrow may bring....

Praying for Dan and his family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS