Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

I need a good dose of Pollyanna......

Argh.

We didn't get the house. After we had the inspection there were some concerns with the electrical and old wood siding on the house (as well as a myriad of other small things). After a week of estimates, arguments, and debates- oh my, we couldn't come to terms with the seller. In the words of my husband "We wouldn't buy a used car with a busted transmission, no matter how good the deal, so why would we do that with a house?"

Frustration.

I guess, I wouldn't be as bummed if there seemed to be some other alternatives on the market right now, but  alas, there's not. So here we are again.... homeless...... Don't get me wrong I am glad we are all together in this "lovely" corporate apartment, but gosh after three weeks of living here, I'm starting to climb the walls. I want my things, I want to get settled, I want to decorate my nursery!!!!!!

I'm trying  to not let this urgent "need to nest" get the better of me, but gosh, it would just make me feel a little better if we just had a few more options to think about..... or a plan of some sort that had an end date.

So, like I titled this post, clearly, today I need a good dose of Pollyanna!

Hope you all are having a better start to the week than us! :(

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your deal fell through! Just remember that everything happens for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really stinks! I'm sorry it fell through, even if it is for the best in the long run. When we were looking, Mike was always yelling at me for getting too attached to houses. I've been thinking about you; we can't wait to hear about Ford's arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS